Sunday, October 19, 2008

American Pie worldview

I think American Pie is a secular humanist worldview. The reason i think this is mostly because of that one line where it states that the father,son, and holy ghost took the last train to the coast. This is pretty much saying that they are totally gone from the world. Also the thing that i really noticed is how many times they say that the day the music died and they gave a lot of clues pointing to the fact that us as the people were the ones that "killed" the music. I dont know if that totally made sense but it does to me. Pretty much i think its secular humanist because there is no God and humans are in control of like everything. Which is exactly like the definition in my UTT book. Hopefully this explained my reasoning behind my opinion.

No comments: